As a manager and business owner, you want the best for your employees and your company. Understanding what shift workers need and expect can help boost their job satisfaction and retention.
Not sure what the general consensus is? Read on to see what these survey respondents said about their job, and see how your team stacks up.
- Compared to 63% of retail workers and 61% of hospitality workers, 78% of health care respondents agree that their career is important.
- Only 37% of shift workers feel that there are few opportunities to move forward within their company. The majority believe they can progress in their job, which is an additional motivator.
- 96% of shift workers like specific components of their job.
- Flexibility is the number one benefit for 66% of shift workers.
- Advanced notice of working schedules is a top priority for 65% of respondents. Work-life balance is very important and flexible schedules with advanced notices help the workers plan their lives better.
Infographic Source: https://www.deputy.com/blog/important-shift-work-statistics-and-trends-for-2021